160+ Vacation Quotes to Inspire Your Travel Spirit
📅 19 May 2023 | Travel Quotes, Blog| ⌛ 25 mins
Embarking on a vacation is like stepping into a world of enchantment, where moments turn into memories and worries fade into the background. Whether you’re an adventure seeker, a beach lover, or a cultural enthusiast, a well-deserved getaway awaits.
In this article, we present an extensive collection of vacation quotes that will ignite your wanderlust and inspire you to explore new horizons. From renowned authors to famous travelers, these words encapsulate the essence of travel and will transport you to faraway places. So sit back, relax, and allow these quotes about vacation to take you on a journey of imagination and inspiration.
Motivational Vacation Quotes
You want to go far and further?! Then, check out these motivational vacation quotes, that will take you far far away from the daily hassle and bustle…
1.“Travel far, travel wide, travel deep within.” – Kirsty Woodard
2.“The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
3.”To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
4.“The secret of success is making your vocation your vacation.” ― Mark Twain
5.“I need a 6-month vacation, twice a year.” – Unknown
6.“Neglecting vacation is neglecting success because every success needs accumulated positive energy!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
7.“There was nothing like a Saturday – unless it was the Saturday leading up to the last week of school and into summer vacation. That of course was all the Saturdays of your life rolled into one big shiny ball.” ― Nora Roberts
8.“Time well-spent results in more money to spend, more money to save, and more time to vacation.” ― Zig Ziglar
9.“A vacation spot out of season always has a very special magic.” ― Max von Sydow
10.“Laughter is an instant vacation.” ― Milton Berle
11.“Every man who possibly can should force himself to a holiday of a full month in a year, whether he feels like taking it or not.” ― William James
12.“It isn’t how much time you spend somewhere that makes it memorable: it’s how you spend the time.”― David Brenner
13.“Last year, I came away from the vacation thoroughly bloated and ten pounds heavier, convinced I’d blocked an artery and possibly shortened my lifespan by a few months. But I was also deliriously content, which is surely what it’s all about.” ― Cash Peters
14.“Just a reminder that I’m going on vacation and you’re not.” ― Anonymous
15.“People don’t take trips; trips take people.” ― John Steinbeck
16.“If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.” ― Paulo Coelho
17.“Don’t wait for a vacation to enjoy life. Start to enjoy it now, today, wherever you are.” ― Debasish Mridha
18.“Vacation is that time when you wish you had something to do while doing nothing.” ― Frank Tyger
19.“It’s better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.” ― Asian Proverb
20.“I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” ― Benjamin Disraeli
21.“A good vacation is over when you begin to yearn for your work.” ― Morris Fishbein
22.“As you grow older, you learn a few things. One of them is to actually take the time you’ve allotted for vacation.” ― John Battelle
23.“A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” ― Earl Wilson
24.“Vacation: a period of travel and relaxation when you take twice the clothes and half the money you need.” ― Jerry Smith
25.“The thing I love most about going on vacation is that I get to leave behind any kind of schedule. My entire life is scheduled from morning to night, and when I’m on vacation, there is no schedule.” ― Kelly Clarkson
26.“Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before.” ― Dalai Lama
27.“I have never believed that vacations are luxuries. They are our necessities–just like shelter, clothes, and food. They make us feel like humans and not like animals that care only for survival.” ― Alexander Babinets
28.“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
29.“A vacation is like love – anticipated with pleasure, experienced with discomfort, and remembered with nostalgia.” – Evan Esar
30.“The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” — Sydney J. Harris
31.“Chilling out on the bed in your hotel room watching television, while wearing your own pajamas, is sometimes the best part of a vacation.” ― Laura Marano
32.“One-week vacations are too short to prevent burnout; by the time you relax enough not to think about the office, the week is almost up.” ― Cecilia Mikalac
33.“After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working.” ― Kenneth Grahame
34.“After a while, just staying alive becomes a full-time job. No wonder we need a vacation.” ― Michael Zadoorian
35.“On vacation, I totally unplug. I don’t bring a laptop with me.” ― Will Wright
36.“A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” ― Robert Orben
37.“No matter what fabulous place I visit, I don’t feel like I’m on vacation unless I’m dehydrated and covered with sunscreen.” ― Chelsea Cain
38.“Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?” ― Zig Ziglar
39.“When all else fails, take a vacation.” ― Betty Williams
40.“To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
41.“Read a lot when you’re on vacation, but nothing that has to do with your business.” ― H. Jackson Brown, Jr
42.“If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” ― Rachel Wolchin
43.“A wise man travels to discover himself.” ―James Russell Lowell
44.“My goal is to hit the gym every day I’m on vacation. Usually, I just end up sleeping and drinking beer.” ― Gary Allan
45.“What paradise and vacation have in common is that you have to pay for both, and the coin is your previous life.” ― Joseph Brodsky
46.“Find what brings you joy and go there.” ― Jan Phillips
47.“Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” ― Jamie Lyn Beatty Thi
48.“Life’s short. Eat dessert first, work less and vacation MORE!” ― Lea Mishell
49.“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” ― Susan Sontag
50.“You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” — André Gide
51.“Vacations are necessities, not luxuries.” ― Linda Bloom
52.“Every person needs to take one day away. A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future. Jobs, family, employers, and friends can exist one day without any one of us, and if our egos permit us to confess, they could exist eternally in our absence. Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw from us.”― Maya Angelou
53.“Those who think money can’t buy happiness just don’t know where to shop … People would be happier and healthier if they took more time off and spent it with their family and friends, yet America has long been heading in the opposite direction. People would be happier if they reduced their commuting time, even if it meant living in smaller houses, yet American trends are toward even larger houses and ever longer commutes. People would be happier and healthier if they took longer vacations even if that meant earning less, yet vacation times are shrinking in the United States, and in Europe as well. People would be happier, and in the long run and wealthier, if they bought basic functional appliances, automobiles, and wristwatches, and invested the money they saved for future consumption; yet, Americans and in particular spend almost everything they have – and sometimes more – on goods for present consumption, often paying a large premium for designer names and superfluous features.”― Jonathan Haidt
54.“Sensitive people feel so deeply they often have to retreat from the world, in order to dig beneath the layers of pain to find their faith and courage.”― Shannon L. Alder
55.“When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thought they could be a new person.”― Aimee Friedman
56.“In matters of healing the body or the mind, vacation is a true genius!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
Short Vacation Quotes for Instagram
I hope that your vacations are not as short as these Instagram vacation quotes! Take a good look at them and decide which one you will add on your next post…
57. Adventure awaits!
58. Out of office.
59. Beach hair, don’t care.
60. Eating my way through vacation.
61. Suns out, buns out.
62. Another day in paradise.
63. Feet are tired, but the heart is happy.
64. Catch planes, not feelings.
65. Taking the scenic route.
67. On island time.
68. Sweet escape.
69. Infected with wanderlust.
70. Hitting the road again.
71. Cheers to flip-flops and margaritas.
72. Bon voyage!
73. In my happy place.
74. Collecting passport stamps.
75. This place makes me want to change my address.
76. High tides and good vibes.
77. Time flies until you have to head back to work after a vacation.
78. Life is one big adventure.
79. Happiness is planning a vacation.
80. Walking on sunshine.
81. Appreciating the little things.
Funny Instagram Vacation Quotes
Let’s not forget that the Instagram audience likes to laugh, so let’s get them entertained with these funny Instagram vacation quotes…
82. This vacation is so long, I forgot my email password.
83. Go where the Wi-Fi connection is weak.
84. There’s so much to sea, don’t get tide down in one place.
85. Going where the Sunday Scaries can’t find me.
86. Jet lag is for amateurs. ― Dick Clark
87. First day back at work after a vacation, and I’m inspired to book my next trip.
88. Some may call it anarchy, but we call it a family vacation.
89. What we all need is six months of vacation, two times per year.
90. Don’t be rude and keep your vacation waiting.
91. When all else fails, take a vacation.
92. Tropic like it’s hot.
93. To-do list: nothing.
94. Not an outdoorsy person? Unbe-leav-able.
Best Vacation Quotes and Captions for Instagram
Here are some of the best vacation quotes and captions for Instagram that I absolutely adore! Make sure to pick one of them, especially if you are in a need of quotes on vacations…
95. “Oh, the places you’ll go!” —Dr. Seuss
96. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” —Susan Sontag
97. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” —Lao Tzu
98. “If happiness is the goal—and it should be—then adventure should be a top priority.” —Richard Branson
99. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” —Gustave Flaubert
100. “Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.” —Anthony Bourdain
101. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” —Amelia Earhart
102. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” —David Mitchell
103. “Jet lag is for amateurs.” —Dick Clark
104. “And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.” —Louis Armstrong
105. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” —The Dalai Lama
106. “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” —Sir Richard Burton
107. “In the end, you won’t remember the time you spend in the office or mowing the lawn. Climb that mountain.” —Jack Kerouac
108. “Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” —Ibn Battuta
109. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” —Ernest Hemingway
110.“In America, there are two classes of travel: first-class and with children.” —Robert Benchley
111. “Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get daone athe day before vacation?” —Zig Ziglar
112. “No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one.” —Elbert Hubbard
113. “Vacation calories don’t count.” —Unknown
Favorite Vacation Quotes
Below you can find my favorite vacation quotes, which you can use to motivate yourself for your next vacation!
114. “My favorite place to vacation is anyplace by the ocean.”― Nina Arianda
115. “Not all those who wander are lost.” —J.R.R. Tolkien
116. “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” —Muhammad Ali
117. “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” —Herman Melville
118. “No matter what fabulous place I visit, I don’t feel like I’m on vacation unless I’m dehydrated and covered with sunscreen.” —Chelsea Cain
119. “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
120. “The mountains are calling, and I must go.” – John Muir
121. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
122. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
123. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
124. “If you’re headed to the shore, you may want to use some of these beach captions that will sum up the fun.”
Summer Vacation Quotes
These summer quotes will for sure bring out the summer mood in you. That’s not such a surprise, as reading about summer will make your life summerish…
Read my favorite quotes on summer vacations and get inspired!
125. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
126. “Summer is my favorite season.” – Dave Briggs
127. “Summer was our best season – everything good to eat, a thousand colors in a parched landscape.”- Harper Lee
128. “Summer is singing with joy, and the beaches are inviting you with dancing waves.”― Debasish Mridha
129. “There is always that one summer that changes you.”
130. “The tans will fade but the memories will last forever.”
131. “Be Sure Not To Fizzle When The Summer Starts To Sizzle”
132. “In summer, the song sings itself.” – William Carlos Williams
133. “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” – Henry James
134. “It’s always summer somewhere.” – Lilly Pulitzer
135. “A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” – Robert Orben
136. “Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer.” – Nat King Cole
137. “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” – Sam Keen
138. “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
139. “I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.” – Susan Branch
140. “You are so much sunshine in every square inch.” – Walt Whitman
Happy Vacation Quotes
If you want to boost your mood for a week vacation, then read these happy vacation quotes!
141. “Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun.”– Brian Wilson
142. “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” – Maud Hart Lovelace
143. “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air, and you.” – Langston Hughes
144. “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.”– Wallace Stevens
145. “The best way to spend summer vacation is by doing things that you love with the people you love.” –Unknown
146. “The best way to spend summer holidays is by doing things that make you happy.” –Unknown
Holiday Enjoyment Quotes
If you need holiday quotes, I’ve got some holiday enjoyment quotes that will really get you in the mood for your next vacation, so read them carefully…
147. “Don’t let anyone tell you how you should spend your summer vacations. Do what makes YOU happy.” -Unknown
148. “Spend your summer vacation doing something that you’ve always wanted to do but never had the time for.” -Unknown
149. “Take advantage of your summer vacation by doing something that you love.” -Unknown
150. “Make the most of your summer vacation by doing things that you’ll never forget.” -Unknown
151. “Don’t waste your summer vacation sitting around doing nothing. Get out there and make some memories!” -Unknown
152. “Summer vacations are the perfect time to relax, rejuvenate, and recharge.” -Unknown
153. “Make this summer vacation one to remember by doing something that you’ve always wanted to do.” -Unknown
154. “Don’t spend your summer vacation wishing it was over. Make the most of it and enjoy every minute!” -Unknown
155. “The best way to spend summer vacation is by doing things that you love with the people you love.” -Unknown
End of Vacation Quotes
As the sun sets on your memorable vacation, it’s time to reflect on the incredible experiences, cherished moments, and the bittersweet feeling of bidding farewell to a temporary paradise. These end of vacation quotes serve as a reminder to embrace the beauty of endings, cherish the memories made, and look forward to the new beginnings that await. So, let these heartfelt words guide you as you say goodbye to your vacation and carry the spirit of adventure, relaxation, and wanderlust with you wherever you go.
156. “When I was on a two-week vacation I noticed something. The vacation lasted a good long time then suddenly it was over. Life is like that also.” – Fr. Cedric Pisegna
157. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.” – Leo Tolstoy
158. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of shore.” – Christopher Columbus
159. “In the end, we only regret the vacation we didn’t take.” – Unknown
160. “Take some time after your vacation ends to reflect on what you learned and how it might shape your journey going forward.” – Anonymous
161. “Vacations should be enjoyed while they last.” – Unknown
162. “Vacations often push us out of our comfort zones in terms of exploring unfamiliar places or trying new things; when they come to an end, we can take this newfound confidence with us into our everyday lives.“– Unknown
163. “Extend your vacation whenever possible.” – A.D. Posey
This blog post has affiliate links, which might give me a percentage if you make a purchase. Of course, this is at no extra cost to you. It will help me to keep running this website, so thanks in advance for your immense support!
More Quotes You Might Like:
250+ Adventurous Travel Quotes for Travel Enthusiasts
120+ Beach Quotes For Your Dream Summer Vacation
170+ Good Vibes Quotes to Start Your Day Right
150+ Be Happy Captions to Brighten Your Day
180+ Dreamy Sunset Captions for Your Next Travel Adventure
130+ Great Quotes About Hiking To Get You Motivated
120+ Mountain Captions To Motivate you Climb the Highest Mountains
120+ Sunrise Captions To Start Your Perfect Day
I hope that you have enjoyed these vacation quotes and that they brought some joy into your day! Let me know which one is your favourite below!